Mobile App Market Passes €1bn For First Time in Germany

By Stephen Fuchs on Email @StephenWFuchs

German App Store

The growth of smartphone and tablet use in Germany has been substantial in the last few years and according to recent studies, the trend has brought with it a booming mobile app economy as spending on apps will pass the €1 billion mark before the end of the year.

The expected €1.3 billion in spending will be more than double the amount Germans spent just two years ago. In 2013, mobile app spending hit €547 million and then saw a significant boost in 2014 when spending totaled €910 million.

Only about 30 percent of the revenue is coming directly from paid apps though. The remaining 70 percent of the spending is done through in-app purchases found in the more popular free titles.


Source: ZDNet

Show your love & become a Patron. Get exclusive content, rewards and more!

Stephen Fuchs
Stephen founded German Pulse and LGBT Germany out of a passion to introduce Americans to a Germany that goes beyond beer and polka (although with enough beer he has been known to polka it up a bit). He's a coffee addict, lover of wine and good times, a hit in the kitchen and editor of TV commercials. You can follow him on Twitter (@StephenWFuchs) to find out a lot more.
Stephen Fuchs on EmailStephen Fuchs on LinkedinStephen Fuchs on Twitter