ALDI, the popular German discount grocery store, has seen non-stop growth in the United States in the last several stores, and has been pushing to put even higher quality food items on the shelves of their U.S. stores. The company decided to poll their shoppers on what their favorite ALDI items were in ten different categories covering food and drinks, and has now released the results of the first-ever ALDI Fan Favorites list.
“We’re excited about the participation in the Fan Favorites poll,” said Chuck Youngstrom, president of ALDI. “At ALDI, we know our customers count on us to deliver great-tasting, high-quality foods at impossibly low prices, and we are happy to hear their favorites.”
So what did ALDI shoppers pick as their favorites? Check out the full results below and let us know if you’ve tried them and whether you agree.
- Beverage – Juices/Sparkling Water/Milk
- Nature’s Nectar 100% Pure Squeezed Orange Juice Not From Concentrate (59 oz.) $2.49:Nature’s Nectar 100% Pure Squeezed Orange Juice is never from concentrate and comes in two varieties: with calcium and vitamin D or high pulp. Each 59 ounce container contains, on average, 16 oranges.
- Beverage – Coffee
- Specially Selected Premium Roasted Ground Coffee (17.6 oz.) $4.99: Roasted in Germany and made from 100% Arabic beans, Specially Selected Premium Roasted Ground Coffee is available in Mild or Medium Roast.
- Landshut Riesling (750 mL) $4.99: This exquisite, well-balanced Riesling has a fruity bouquet with flavors of apricot and peach; a perfect accompaniment to light meals, desserts or simply on its own. Imported from Germany, Landshut Riesling derives its name from the castle that sits high above the famous German town of Bernkastel. The vineyards surrounding the town are noted for producing some of the best wines in the world, predominately from the Riesling grape.
- Baker’s Corner Fudge Brownie Mix (18.3 oz.) $1.29: A moist fudge brownie mix that is an instant family classic; can be made in a 8 x 8 inch pan for a thick and chewy brownie, or in a 13 x 9 inch pan for a family size traditional brownie.
- Moser Roth Premium Dark Chocolate (4.4 oz.) $1.99: Offered in 70% Cocoa or 85% Cocoa varieties, Moser Roth Dark Chocolate is packaged as five convenient, individually wrapped bars. The chocolate is made with the finest quality ingredients, carefully prepared according to a classic European recipe.
- Priano Fresh Mozzarella (8 oz.) $2.69: This mozzarella is made with fresh milk that provides a delicate flavor with a creamy, soft texture. It pairs well with Moscato, Merlot and Sauvignon Blanc.
- Friendly Farms Greek Yogurt (6 oz.) 85¢: Friendly Farms Nonfat Greek Yogurt is a strained Greek yogurt made with only natural ingredients from rBST free milk. Both the Strawberry and Blueberry Fruit on the Bottom flavors contain twice the amount of protein as regular yogurt.
- Snack Foods
- Savoritz Cheese Crackers (13.7 oz.) $1.89: These cheesy little crackers are ideal for snacking, party trays or a fun addition to lunch. They are made with real cheese, no artificial flavors or cholesterol and have zero grams of trans fat per serving.
- Sea Queen Tilapia Fillets (16 oz.) $4.29: Boneless, skinless fillets from a lean, mild fish provide a medium-firm, flaky texture and a sweet, mild taste.
- Meal Starters
- Kirkwood Fresh Chicken Breasts $2.79 per lb.: Found in the fresh meat section of the store, Kirkwood Fresh Chicken Breasts are fresh, never frozen. They are Grade A, 100% natural with no artificial ingredients.
Sources: ALDI Inc.