Toast, a Berlin-based mobile app company, has just released their first app which acts as a social wishlist for iPhone, iPod, and iPad users. The app, which carries the same name as the company, is a well designed app that takes some of the guesswork out of finding a gift for your friend and it easier for you to tell your friends what you want. If you find that giving or receiving gift cards is just a little too impersonal, Toast may be an app for you to check out.
With Toast, you can create a wishlist made of items you find online and in stores that you then share with your friends. Even if what you want is intangible, such as having a movie night with your friends, Toast can handle the request. Of course the usefulness of an app like this all depends on your friends using the service, but once everyone is on board, it can prove to be very handy.
Just days before releasing the app, Facebook announced a similar service called Facebook Gifts, but Toast isn’t worried. In fact, they believe it is the best thing that could have happened to them. Toast is already working on ways to integrate with the new Facebook service to provide enhancements that make gift-buying even easier.
If your interested in supporting this German development team, and improving your gift giving/receiving, download Toast for free from the Apple App Store. There is not a version available for Android phones yet, but I’m sure the developers will be working on one soon.
● Free & Easy – Toast is completely free and super simple to use
● Wish – Create and maintain your wishes on the go
● Share – Send your wishlist to friends and family
● Thank you – Toast your friends to easily say “Thank you”
● Discover – Find gift ideas on wishlists you follow
● Publish – Share wishes and toasts with non-iPhone friends
● Reminders – Toast reminds you of birthdays and saying thanks
● Karma – Get rewarded with Karma Points for being generous
● Ranking – Discover who is most generous among your friends
Source: Toast App
Photos by Toast