Berlinica is now selling their books as ebooks on the Amazon Kindle Bookstore and the Barnes&Noble Nook store, and to celebrate they are raffling of 10 free ebooks. If you love reading about Berlin, this is a chance to win a copy of some great material for your Kindle, Nook, or iPad, among other ebook devices.
The first books being released are Wallflower, a love story set when the Wall fell, the history book Berlin in the Cold War, Berlin for Free, a guide to everything free in Berlin, and The Berlin Wall Today. Some of the books are even enhanced with interactive maps and online resources that are not available in the paper copies.
So how do you enter to win a copy for yourself? There are 5 questions below about Berlin, and if you answer all of them correctly, you will be entered into the drawing. Just send your answers to [email protected] before March 1, 2012. All the info can be found at blog.berlinica.com.
Here are the 5 questions…
1. In Wallflower, Molly and Mick are taking a trip to the Friedrichstrasse S-Bahn Station in Berlin, which was divided right in the middle by the Wall. But when our two heroes meet, the Wall is just about to fall. In what year did the Wall come down?
2. Berlin for Free: One of the places you can visit for free in Berlin is a famous historic building that was burned by the Nazis but restored with a glass dome after the Wall came down. What is the name of this building?
3. The Berlin Cookbook: What is a “Berliner” (or, as they are called in Berlin, “Pfannkuchen”), and what is it filled with?
4. The Berlin Wall Today: The longest piece of the Berlin Wall that still exists is also the world’s longest outdoor gallery. What is the name of this gallery?
5. Berlin in the Cold War: During the Cold War, American, British, French, and Soviet spies were constantly fighting each other, in secret. What is the name of the American government agency concerned with foreign espionage?