With German-American Day approaching on Saturday, October 6, you may find yourself feeling a little extra German pride. If you have even the slightest artistic bone in your body, you may want to give the German American Friendship poster contest a shot since the Tricentennial Foundation is now accepting submissions for 2013. There aren’t too many requirements and the contest is open to all ages.
Not only will the winning posters be featured in a moving exhibition throughout the United States, there will also be cash prizes awarded in various categories based on age. The grand prize winner will receive an additional cash prize, and if you are finding it difficult to settle on one design, multiple entries are allowed in this contest.
Cash Prizes Offered
$250 for Open competition (non-student) : Category I
$200 for college student (undergraduate) : Category II
$150 for high school student : Category III
$100 for elementary or middle school : Category IV
The grand prize winner will be awarded an additional $100
- Must be an original 8.5″ x 11″ artwork
- Include the words GERMAN AMERICAN FRIENDSHIP
- Artist’s name, age, school grade( if a student), and phone number must on the back of the poster
- Poster must have a copyright release
- Submitted your poster by mail, postmarked by June 3, 2013 to: Tricentennial Foundation, 8628 Orion Ave., North Hills CA 91343-5815
To find additional information on the contest, visit the source link below, and feel free to share your designs on our Facebook page.
Source: Tricentennial Foundation
Photo: Past contest winner via Tricentennial Foundation